It is recharter time for every unit in Northern Trail District because every unit’s charter expires on December 31. Once a unit’s charter expires the unit loses BSA insurance coverage and scouts’ advancement cannot submitted, among other things.
So how does a unit recharter? First, this is something that needs one person to oversee the process. Next, using the code and link that was sent to your unit log into the website, register and proceed to review your unit roster for both youth and adults. For more information a tutorial can be found here: https://i9peu1ikn3a16vg4e45rqi17-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uplo....
Key things to remember this year are:
1. Every registered adult (age 18 and older) must have completed youth protection training.
2. Every registered adult must turn in a signed background check authorization.
3. Annual dues for youth for 2020 are $60.00 and for adults the dues are $36.00.
4. The unit charter fee is $60.00 for 2020.
5. The annual charter agreement must be signed and submitted with the recharter paperwork.
Remember, all charters expire at the end of December. If your unit hasn’t started recharter, please do so now and set a deadline for completion, ideally by Friday, December 13 and plan to have all the paperwork into the council office the following week.
If you have any questions, contact your unit commissioner or Hank Voegtle at 214-769-5040 or email@example.com.
Yours in Scouting,
Assistant District Commissioner
District Committee Member
Northern Trail District, Circle 10 Council, BSA